Deities and Empowerments
of Open Heart Yoga
Open Heart Yoga has 3 levels of techniques (OHY1, OHY2 and OHY3) and 3 levels of empowerments (see below).
The 1st empowerment is received at Open Heart Yoga (OHY) level 1 empowerment session. Requirements for receiving this empowerment are honesty and sincerity towards the teacher, teaching and sangha and following Introduction instructions for at least 2 months daily. After learning OHY1, you may join Pemako Buddhist Sangha-group at Facebook, if you feel that this is your path.
The 2nd and 3rd level empowerments are given only to ordained students who wear red-robes. Learn more about Ceremonies and Vows. Simultaneously, you will also get access to advanced discussion group at Facebook.
OHY2 and OHY3
To learn new level of techniques one has to have properly learned the techniques of the previous level and have established regular daily practice. To learn techniques of OHY2 or OHY3 one has to join courses in person or online. There are recorded online courses of both levels. Usual course fees apply. See Learn Open Heart Yoga Online.
All levels are meant to be practiced together.
Aspects of Guru Rinpoche and Yeshe Tsogyal
First Empowerment – Two Syllable Mantra
1. Guru Rinpoche/Padmasambhava
2. Kuntuzangpo (GR, peaceful, skt. Samantabhadra, 13. bhumi)
3. Kuntuzangmo (YT, peaceful, engl. Blue Tara skt. Samantabhadri, 13. bhumi)
4. Vajradhara (GR, peaceful, tib. Dorje Chang, 12. bhumi)
5. Saraswati (YT, peaceful, tib. Yang Chenma, 12. bhumi)
6. Nyima Ozer (GR, peaceful, 11. bhumi)
7. Prajna Paramita (YT, peaceful, tib. Yum Chenma, 11. bhumi)
8. Avalokiteshvara (GR, peaceful, tib. Chenrezig)
9. White Tara (YT, peaceful, skt. Avalokiteshvari, tib. Jetsun Dolma)
10. Dorje Drollo (GR, wrathful)
11. Vajrayogini (Yeshe Tsogyal's aspect, wrathful, tib. Dorje Naldjorma)
12. Dorje Gotrab (GR, wrathful Medicine Buddha, skt. Vajra Raksha)
Second Empowerment – Three Syllable Mantra
13. Drakpo (GR, wrathful)
14. Drakmo (YT, wrathful)
15. Mahakala (GR, , wrathful, tib. Gonpo)
16. Mahakali (YT, wrathful, tib. Gonmo)
Third Empowerment – Four, Five and Six Syllable Mantra
17. Troma Nagpo (GR, wrathful)
18. Black Tara (YT, wrathful, skt. Krishna Tara, tib.Troma Nagmo)
19. Vajrakilaya (GR, wrathful, tib. Dorje Phurba)
20. Red Tara (YT, wrathful, skt. Kurukulla, tib. Rikchema)
21. Vajrasadhu (GR, main protector, tib. Dorje Legpa)
22. Nidra Tara (YT, sleep deity, engl. Dark Blue Tara, fifth syllable only)